As Head of Finance reporting into the IFS Director, you will take full responsibility for the finance function and bring both assurance and innovation to the financial management, reporting and control of IFS.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Full reporting on all financial matters to the Director and Trustees in a timely manner
- Embed and make the most of a new financial management system
- Development of robust financial reporting and control, including monitoring of cash flow
- Preparation and evaluation of the annual budget and forecasts from individual budget holders against plans
- Preparation of the Annual Report and Accounts and liaison with external auditors
- Line management responsibility for a small team of three, including HR
- Continuous improvement of all systems, policies and procedures ensuring best practice.
The Successful Applicant
You must be a fully qualified accountant and have strong technical skills that can be evidenced through extensive accounts preparation or audit experience. The IFS needs somebody who will be able to autonomously manage the finances of the institute and take responsibility for overseeing change and improvement in our accounting and management information systems. Excellent interpersonal skills, absolute integrity and a proven capability to deliver at pace and with creativity are essential.
An understanding of charity law, compliance and accounting standards would be beneficial, but not essential. Your willingness to take responsibility, deliver independently and collaborate with colleagues will be key to your success within the role.
For the right candidate there is significant scope for this role to develop with opportunities to extend the remit and take additional leadership responsibility over time. There is considerable flexibility to increase remuneration dependent on success and development.
£60,000 - £65,000 + Benefits
How to apply
Click here for further information and to apply.Find out more