The IFS Green Budget 2016, in association with ICAEW and funded by the Nuffield Foundation, will analyse the issues and challenges facing Chancellor George Osborne as he prepares for the government's budget in March. A selection of chapters will be presented at an event on 8 February 2016, where the full publication will be launched. The areas covered by IFS researchers will include:
- The government's framework of fiscal rules
- Risks to the public finances
- Issues coming up for corporate tax policy
- The design of 'sin taxes'
- The (changing) effects of Universal Credit
Additional analysis will be provided by ICAEW and Oxford Economics.
Support from the ESRC through the Centre for the Microeconomic Analysis of Public Policy at IFS is gratefully acknowledged.
NOTE - Registration will be open from 09.30am
Can't make the launch event? Watch our presentations for the Green Budget 2016 live on this page from 10am.