The IFS Green Budget 2006 will analyse the issues and challenges facing Gordon Brown as he prepares for his first Budget of this parliament. It will be published in collaboration with Morgan Stanley.
Speakers will include Robert Chote (Director, IFS) and David Miles (Morgan Stanley Chief UK Economist).
Topics for discussion will include:
- whether the Chancellor is likely to meet his fiscal rules
- the macroeconomic outlook and the risks to the Treasurys projections
- funding fiscal deficits, prospects for yields on government debt and optimal debt management
- issues with the current system of personal tax credits and reform options
- developments in policy towards boosting productivity and enterprise
Places at this conference are strictly limited. If you would like to register your interest or have any queries, please email Bonnie Brimstone or complete the booking form below.
The Green Budget Report will be sent to IFS members and will be available to delegates at this conference. For IFS non-members or members that wish to order additional copies, the report will cost 40 (non members) and 15 (members). If you would like to order a copy of the Green Budget Report, please contact us